William J. Nealon Federal Building – Hvac Modifications And Re-roof
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
WILLIAM J. NEALON FEDERAL BUILDING AND US COURTHOUSE – SCRANTON, PA
HVAC MODIFICATIONS AND RE-ROOF
- The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by the GSA Region 3 to complete a bid-build replacement of three cooling towers and a design-build for the replacement of the building’s condenser water piping and a design-build roof replacement of the cooling tower area roof.
- Bravo assembled a team of mechanical subcontractors, engineers, and various trades to work with the GSA field personnel and regional team to complete this challenging project.
Notable features of this project include:
- The historic designation of the Nealon US Courthouse created significant challenges in the establishment and design and installation of new condenser water piping.
- By special request of the GSA, the mechanical portion of this project is expected to be delivered three months ahead of schedule in time to support the 2020 cooling season.
- The project is anticipated to be completed within its $1.85 million contract price.