Edward N. Cahn Us Courthouse And Federal Building – Allentown, Pa
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
EDWARD N. CAHN US COURTHOUSE AND FEDERAL BUILDING – ALLENTOWN, PA
CHILLER, COOLING TOWER & PUMP REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
- The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by the GSA Region 3 to complete the installation of a new cooling tower and a one-for-one chiller replacement with all associated pumps and piping.
Notable features of this project include:
- All work occurred while the courthouse was fully occupied.
- Chiller replacement work consisted of the installation of a Daiken magnetic bearing, high-efficiency unit.
- Associated work included major piping and valve replacement, re-configuration of mechanical roof ductwork, and installation of new refrigeration venting.
- Cooling tower replacement included design and installation of new rooftop ductwork extensions for building exhaust and fresh air intakes to correct original building design deficiencies.
- Project completed in April 2020.
- Project completed within a $1.0 million budget.