JAMES A. BYRNE PHILADELPHIA, PA – Air Handling Unit Replacement Pilot Program
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
JAMES A. BYRNE US COURTHOUSE – PHILADELPHIA, PA
AIR HANDLING UNIT REPLACEMENT PILOT PROGRAM
The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by the GSA Region 3 to complete the work of a pilot project to complete 2 of approximately 42 mechanical equipment rooms (MER) of the Byrne Courthouse after the original contractor failed to complete this work. The aforementioned MERs are original to the facility and provide all heating and cooling to operate the building. Noteworthy facts include:
- Project duties included the assumption of complete Design-Build responsibilities.
- Scope of work included a complete assessment of incomplete work, inventory of uninstalled equipment and supplies, as well as a complete review of previous engineering documents.
- JDBC assembled a team that included SDA Mechanical Services and Integrated Facility Solutions as engineers.
- Scope of work included installation and operation of Government supplied temporary equipment.
- JDBC developed an aggressive schedule to complete MER 22N on a fully occupied floor and achieved substantial completion in approximately 12 weeks.
- The project was fully commissioned and completed within 4 weeks of substantial completion.
- Project completed without disturbance to tenants.
- Project completed without claims and minimal change orders.