Edward N. Cahn US Courthouse and Federal Building – Allentown, PA Roof Replacement
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
EDWARD N. CAHN US COURTHOUSE AND FEDERAL BUILDING – ALLENTOWN, PA
- The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by the GSA Region 3 to complete the installation of a new EPDM roof of approximately 22,000 square feet. Included within the scope of work was a new personnel tieback system on the roof’s perimeter
- Bravo assembled a project team that included Professional Commercial Roofing of Warrington, PA., and Edge Fall Protection of Minneapolis, MN.
Notable features of this project include:
- JDBC completed a highly detailed cost-benefit analysis of the specified “cabled” personnel protection system. The analysis revealed the possibility of providing OSHA-compliant personnel protection at significant savings to the Government through the elimination of over 40 structurally attached roof anchors.
- JDBC provided a voluntary contractor alternate to provide an architecturally designed, weighted railing system. This alternate was offered as a Design-Build package and resulted in savings of $500,000.00 to the Government.
- The existing ballasted roof system was vacuumed from the roof during evenings and weekends.
- An exterior hoist was erected for personnel and material transfers – virtually eliminating the need for through-building access.
- The project was completed approximately three months ahead of schedule at a cost of $1.14 million.